Tampa Truck Accident Lawyers
For most drivers, trucks are slow vehicles we think only of passing on the interstate. Rarely do we give them a second thought – until we are involved in a serious accident with such a vehicle.
Truck crashes involving 18-wheelers, big rigs, semi-trucks, tractor trailers and freight carriers often result in serious injuries and ongoing legal battles.
Truck accidents happen out of nowhere. Do not get blindsided. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a Tampa truck accident, call our office today. An experienced personal injury attorney in Tampa can assist with filing a claim and ensuring you know what to expect at each step of the legal process.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck drivers often work long hours and face grueling days behind the wheel. With that in mind, it is easy to understand why so many truck accidents occur because the driver was fatigued or distracted at the wheel. Other common causes of truck accidents include:
- Overweight loads
- Worn out tires
- Inadequate training for the driver
- Equipment malfunction
- Unrealistic schedules and expectations of the trucking company
Professional truck drivers tend to be very well-trained and experienced at their jobs, but when accidents do occur, they are often fatal.
Tampa truck accident lawyers are familiar with the stressors truck drivers face and can investigate your accident to determine if the trucker acted irresponsibly.
Understanding the Truck Crash Litigation Process
If you believe you have a case, the first step is to contact a Tampa truck accident lawyer. From there, your attorney will advise you on the kind of lawsuit with which you should move forward. They can include:
- Wrongful death. If your loved one was killed in an accident caused by a negligent truck driver, you may want to consider a wrongful death lawsuit. Such claims require the family of the deceased to pursue the same kind of lawsuit that the person might have brought had they survived the accident.
- If you believe the truck driver responsible for your accident was inexperienced, reckless or otherwise unfit to drive safely, you may file a negligence lawsuit.
- Product liability. These kinds of lawsuits are recommended when a truck accident has been caused by a faulty piece of equipment. If a defective truck caused your injuries, you may consider filing a claim against the manufacturer.
Compensation for Victims
Tampa attorneys believe no accident victim should be strained financially because of a crash caused by a negligent truck driver.
That is why they help victims pursue the following kinds of compensation:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of earning capacity
Help from Trusted Tampa Truck Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a truck accident, call an attorney as soon as possible. There are limits on how long you can take to file a claim with the insurance company or bring a claim against another party.
Even if you are not sure if you have a case, a call with a knowledgeable, dedicated truck accident attorney can help clarify your rights moving forward.
To learn how Tampa truck accident lawyers can serve you, call today.