Who We Represent
Mr. Grant is a founding member of Slater | Grant where he primarily concentrates his practice in three main areas: injury law, commercial/business law, and agriculture law. He is also experienced in handling a wide variety of other disputes and litigation, such as those involving insurance, construction defects, consumer fraud, and whistleblower claims.
Injury Law: Mr. Grant has substantial experience in representing consumers and companies in automobile and trucking litigation, negligent security, hiring and retention litigation, products liability, and catastrophic injury, wrongful death litigation.
Commercial/Business Law: Mr. Grant has substantial experience representing businesses in a wide range of legal matters including business disputes, breach of contracts, shareholder disputes, insurance coverage disputes, health care litigation and real estate litigation.
Agriculture Law: Mr. Grant brings a real-world view and practical analysis to his cases having grown up in the farming industry. Mr. Grant has vast experience representing crop insurance companies in matters relating to both Florida insurance law and arising out of the federal crop insurance scheme, successfully handling numerous crop insurance cases in both arbitration and litigation. In addition, he routinely advises and represents farmers and agri-business landowners involving a variety of legal matters associated with their respective farming operations, including agritourism, product liability, premises liability and other related matters.
Mr. Grant has trial, arbitration, and hearing experience in both State and Federal Courts.
Prior to co-founding Slater | Grant, Mr. Grant was a shareholder at Rogers Towers, P.A., one of the most respected full-service firms in Florida. Mr. Grant was also a Special Assistant to State Attorney Bernie McCabe of the Sixth Judicial Circuit in Pinellas County, Florida where he prosecuted numerous jury trial cases under the Florida Bar’s Student Practice Rule.
Although only practicing since 2004, Mr. Grant has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as a Legal Elite since 2007. In addition, he has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star between 2009 and 2014. Mr. Grant was also recognized in 2012 by Jacksonville’s Business Journal as being one of Jacksonville’s Top 40 under 40 young professionals.
When not practicing law, Mr. Grant enjoys spending time with his wife and three young children.
Awards & Distinctions
- Jacksonville Business Journal, Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- Ferris Award for Excellence, Intercollegiate Mock Trial Competition
- Florida Trend Magazine, “Legal Elite” (Civil Trial)
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars”
Bar Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyer Section
- Hillsborough Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- East Pasco Bar Association
Professional and Community Involvement
- 2017 Board of Director of the Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association
- Member, American Agricultural Law Association
- Wesley Chapel Rotary Club – Sunrise
- North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Pasco, Class of 2016
- Volunteer Coach, Youth YMCA Basketball League
- Past Member, Stetson University College of Law Mock Trial Competition Team
- U.S. District Cout, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Litigation counsel in Florida for one of the largest solid waste and recycling services companies providing services in the Southeastern United States.
- Litigation counsel in Florida for a national owner, operator, and developer of grocery-anchored and community shopping centers.
- Litigation counsel for various premises and liquor liability claims for multiple bar/eating establishments in North Florida Region
- Litigation counsel for various premises liability claims for a number of golf and country clubs throughout Florida
- Litigation counsel for national crop insurer involving fruits, Vegetables, and other agriculture crops.
- As Counsel, Mr. Grant has successfully defended various significant injury accident claims in the State of Florida
- Successful defense of numerous insurance coverage disputes on behalf of insurers
- As lead counsel for a large commercial trucking company, Mr. Grant negotiated a favorable defense settlement involving catastrophic injuries.
- As co-counsel for national crop insurer, obtained summary judgment in federal bad-faith action involving cabbage.
- As lead counsel for national crop insurer, obtained complete defense verdict in multi-day arbitration involving million-dollar tomato claim.
Publications and Presentations
- Author, Companies: Are you at risk for destroying evidence?
- Author, Employers: Have you done a background check on your prospective employees?
- Author, Companies: What duty do you have to protect your customers from criminal attacks while on your property?
- Author, Farmers beware: Liability under attractive nuisance doctrine.
- Presenter, American Bar Association: Counseling Farmers & Ranchers, Agri-Business and Food Entrepreneurs on Insurance, September 15, 2015.